Watch Pacquiao vs Cotto Fight Live Streaming

July 19, 2009

Oscar De La Hoya speaks truth on Manny Pacquiao

Oscar De La Hoya speaks truth on Manny Pacquiao

Every time he fights, they have their greedy hands in Manny Pacquiao’s pocket.

Having been around the boxing block for four plus decades, I am not easily offended.

But the sheer hypocrisy of Oscar De La Hoya and his Golden Boy henchmen badmouthing Pacman while at the same time they’re writing out bank deposit slips from revenue he produced, well that makes me sick to my stomach.

If De La Hoya, who now plays a silly game “backing” Juan Manuel Marquez against another GBP fighter named Floyd Mayweather Jr., wanted to speak from his heart here’s what he would say:

“Hey, this guy beat my ass and beat it bad. I was mistaken, thinking I could crunch this mere midget from the Philippines. I thought the fight would be a walkover at best, a bout where I had to work up a sweat like against Stevie Forbes (another junior welterweight) at the worst.

"I figured Manny, he was just a well paying pit stop en route to a rematch of my Businessman's Special II against Li'l Floyd. How could some dude who started as a flyweight beat me?

“But, hell no, Freddie Roach had a perfect fight plan and Manny executed it perfectly. This cat shocked me in ways that Mayweather never did. This cat sent me spinning into retirement.”

Then, after he caught his breath, De La Hoya would throw another thunderbolt of truth like this:

“You know, if Manny was an American citizen like I am, he’d be considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. He might not have my cover boy following with females but he would be idolized from coast to coast. He would be this generation’s Sugar Ray Leonard. He would have some of the outside the ring endorsements and other things that I’ve gotten along the way. Obama would have him over to the White House all the time.

“But he means as much as any fighter ever has, maybe more, to his own people. He’s got a following among the Pinoys like Julio Cesar Chavez did among the Mexicans. But I wave the flag for Marquez now and I say silly things about how Juan Ma beat Manny twice.

“I know it’s all promotional poppycock but I follow the script. I do my Manny bashing up until fight night and then me and my company we take down our Manny loot as a result of the out of court settlement with Bob Arum. Once that check goes into the bank, we rewind our house organ and start bashing Pacquiao again.

“But it’s just an act like in pro wrestling. Some people take it seriously but I say, hey loosen up, it’s just a game.

“All that horse manure I spread about Manny ‘losing” to Juan Ma, about how Mayweather is an “A
side and all that, it’s just grist for the mill. Mayweather couldn't sell out his backyard in Vegas if he was giving away Kobe steaks, fully grilled. He is such a great draw he fought Arturo Gatti in Atlantic City and Sharmba Mitchell in that boxing hotbed of Portland, Oregon.

“What do you think I’d be saying if my Shanghai move on Pacman had worked?

“Right, then I would flip the script.

“I’m a fight promoter, people. Wake up, I don’t have one ounce of sincerity left in my bones.

“All that junk I said about Ricky Hatton beating Manny, do you think I believed it? I do know a left hook from a fish hook, you got to admit that. I knew Hatton didn’t have a snowball’s chance in Hell against Manny but I surely couldn’t say it, at least in public.

“I’m De La Hoya, baby, and while I used to stand for something, now the only thing I stand for is the national anthem,

“I have morphed into being what I accused Arum of being.

"I shuck, I jive, I'm like an oldtime medicine man. I got the cure for what ails you.

"Did you ever tell you what a lousy but incredibly lucky fighter Pacquaio really is?

"Hey Richard, where's my script where it says Pacman sucks and we have FILL IN NAME HERE for the guy we maintain will beat him.

"You know we save money with that, with FILL IN NAME HERE, cuts down our paper costs."
source: examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Source: http://sports.inquirer.net | http://sports.espn.go.com | www.philboxing.com | www.boxingscene.com | www.examiner.com | www.eastsideboxing.com | www.hbo.com/boxing